Mrs. Sheila Naah-Boamah, AG Executive Secretary
AG Executive Secretary
In March 2017, Mrs. Sheila Naah-Boamah was appointed the Ag. Executive Secretary of the National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX) by her appointment she becomes the first female to be appointed to the role since its establishment in 1994. Haven moved from the Students Loan Trust Fund where she was the Chief Executive Officer between 2014-2017, Mrs. Sheila Naah-Boamah brings to the National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX) a combination of deep knowledge and skills gained from rising through the ranks in institutions that cut across the private sector, public sector and United Nations. She has over sixteen (16) years of work experience in finance, governance, public policy, administration, negotiations and management.
The National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations has the responsibility to formulate and administer schemes of examinations, evaluations, assessment, certification and standards for skills competences and syllabus competences for Non-University tertiary institutions, professional bodies and private institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
Mrs. Naah-Boamah is known for her strong desire for innovations and results and championed many innovative solutions at the Students Loan Trust Fund that significantly improved both loan access and recoveries. She was the first Chief Executive in the history of student’s loan management in Ghana to have been recognized by more than five students’ representatives and blocks for her diligence, passion, dedication and commitment to duty. It is expected that her track record will bring significant value to the activities of the National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX).
Mrs. Sheila Naah-Boamah, has a long history with civil society, notably when she served on the Multi-Stakeholder Committee of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement (VPA) as the Ministry of Finance Representative and when she served as a member of the Ghana Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (GHEITI) programme. She was the Chairman of the Legal, Finance and Staff Committee of the Association of African Higher Education Financing Agencies (AAHEFA) headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
She gained private sector experience when she managed her own tourism Start- up company, and when she worked as a Human Resource Manager for another start-up company established under African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). She has worked in the capacities of Finance Officer and Administrative Assistant to the Country Director of the International Labour Organization (ILO) where she worked in the Ghana office.
Mrs. Sheila Naah-Boamah, holds an MA Management Degree (2005) from the University of Brighton, a BA Accounting and Sociology (2001) from the University of Ghana and several supplementary courses including;
- Transforming Public Service Delivery,
- Managing Change and Negotiation,
- Education for the 21st Century Development,
- Mini MBA in Oil and Gas,
- Macroeconomic Management and Natural Resource Management (MNRM) ,
- Performance Indicators and Results Based Management Implementation,
- Fiscal Decentralisation, Accountability & Corruption,
- Public Procurement Management, and
- Public Financial Management and Encouraging Private Sector Participation in National Budget Formulation Process
In 2016, She was recognized and listed amongst the top 50 corporate women leaders in Ghana by The African Network of Entrepreneurs. She has also won many awards and recognitions including;
- Ghana Union of Polytechnic Students
- National Union of Ghana Students Meritorious Award
- The Woman of Excellence Award from Local NUGS, University of Education, Winneba
- National Women of Ghana National Union of Polytechnic Students
- Koforidua Polytechnic (Local NUGS Award)
- Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Award (KNUST)
- University Students Association of Ghana (USAG) Leadership and Excellence award
She is married to a renowned lawyer and has three amazing children.
Peter Boahin (Ph.D)
Test Development Secretary
- Ph.D ( Educational Science: Curriculum & Assessment)
- M. Phil. ( Educational Measurement & Evaluation)
- B. Ed. (Hons). (Educational Psychology & Economics)
- Job title : Test Development Secretary (HOD, Test Development Department)
- Responsibilities :
- Coordinating and monitoring the development and moderation of test items and systems to control test development activities
- Recommending for the appointment and training of examiners and moderators.
- Job title : Test Administration Secretary (HOD, Test Administration Department)
- Responsibilities :
- Periodic review of test administration procedures, verification of marked scripts, monitoring and evaluation, notification of grades and production of certificates for HND and Certificate II Core Subjects’ examinations
- Coordination and marking of examination scripts and discussion of reports from External Verifiers and Chief Examiners.
Areas of Specialisation
Dr Peter Boahin has special interest and expertise in the implementation of;
- Competency-based training and employability skills development.
- Educational Measurement and Evaluation and Curriculum development
- Technical and vocational education and training.